On Saturday (October 18) our Filipino friends in Manhattan, KS gave us a baby shower. It was a fun night of eating, playing games, and gift opening. In the Philippines, we use the word "Fil-Am" for a person who has mixed Filipino and American descent. We want our child to learn both American and Filipino cultures, but most importantly, we want him to learn that his citizenship is not here on earth but in heaven --- "Philippians 3:20... For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ..."
"New place, new job"
I had the 7th check-up with my OB-GYN today --- I had the normal routine tests and also a glucose screening test. This will be my last check-up here in Wichita because we will move to Topeka on Saturday (Oct. 25). We need to look for a new health care provider for our baby.
Everything seems to work out according to God's plan for us --- I accepted a state job and will start working on Oct. 27; Tyler will transfer to his job's branch office. With my new job, I have mixed feelings of excitement and sadness. I am excited to start a new stage in my career, but at the same time, I feel sad whenever I think about the less time I will have for our baby...
Everything seems to work out according to God's plan for us --- I accepted a state job and will start working on Oct. 27; Tyler will transfer to his job's branch office. With my new job, I have mixed feelings of excitement and sadness. I am excited to start a new stage in my career, but at the same time, I feel sad whenever I think about the less time I will have for our baby...
1 comment:
Seems like you all had lots of fun! I miss Filipino foods.
Post a Comment