With All My Heart
Up to this day, I still have the first trimester sickness --- oftentimes, I feel nauseous and most of the food I eat taste bitter. I also crave for native Filipino delicacies like bibingka, suman, champorado, banana-que etc. (I'm planning to make bibingka, puto and camote-que one of these days.). I found sweet potatoes and avocados appealing to my picky tastebuds.
Anyway, Tyler and I went to see my OB-GYN on June 16 for my second check-up. I am in my 12 weeks at that time. My doctor asked me if I’ve observed my belly starting to grow. I told him --- “yes, but I am not sure if it’s the baby or just the food that I’m eating”…I saw my doctor’s wide smile and he said ---“no, it’s the baby!”. He then gave me instructions up to what point to pull my pants down, so that he could use his instrument to find our baby’s heartbeat. After several attempts, he finally found the heartbeat --- Tyler and I both heard it --- it beats so fast!
It is wonderful to know that the heart shows the “first sign of life” inside my womb. I remember, on my first check-up we saw the baby’s functioning heart through the flickering light in the sonogram.
I can’t help but think about the passages in the bible that talks about the heart. I’ve read that the word heart/hearts was mentioned about 930 times in the bible. Below are some of those verses:
Jeremiah 17:9 - “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
Proverbs 4:23 – “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
Psalm 19:8 – “The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart…”
Ecclesiastes 3:11- “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men...”
Luke 10:27 – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind… ”
1 comment:
You look fabulous! My belly is bigger than yours and I am not even pregnant. Nice passages from the Bible..
Post a Comment